Fucking white manarchists.
Look, I’m a socialist (it’s in my blog name, see?), so I’m in complete agreement that a universal, public option for healthcare is the only right way to do healthcare. Medicine, life-saving operations, emergency assistance, and preventative care is not a product. It is not a luxury. It is a fundamental human right that every person in this world should receive regardless of how many little pieces of paper they have in their wallets.
That being said, if you believe that like I do, then you should support anything that expands healthcare to those vulnerable millions who cannot afford it. Republicans have been able to reframe the Affordable Care Act (or “Obamacare”) into just a debate over the individual mandate. The radical left, because we’re often so far up our own ass that we can’t hear anything but ourselves shitting every time Bernie Sanders tweets, have completely fallen for the right-wing lie. The Affordable Care Act is more than just the individual mandate.
Medicare will be expanded.
Most employers will have to provide health insurance to their employees.
Poor people will now receive tax credits to help them buy health insurance.
I’m seeing so many socialists/anarchists/communists complaining that they’ll now have to have buy a health insurance policy from an evil private health insurance company. That, to me, shows the most ignorance to the Affordable Care Act, because I great deal of the bill concerns reforming and regulating private health insurance companies. They can now no longer deny people coverage based on pre-existing conditions. They can no longer put a limit on the amount of care people can receive. Since millions more people will be insured, there’ll be waaaaay less healthcare bills being defaulted on, meaning the cost of healthcare will drop for everyone.
There’s no reason not to support this law. Yes, we need universal healthcare, but we don’t have it, so why are you opposed to something that will provide free and greatly reduced coverage to millions of uninsured Americans? The universal option will come. In its absence, I accept and support the Affordable Care Act.
You know why?
Because I love socialism, but I love socialism because of what it stands for. It’s a concept meant to provide for everyone. It’s a concept and nothing more. I will support that concept in any form. Healthcare for all? Unfortunately, not yet. Healthcare for millions who could’ve never afforded it before the Affordable Care Act?
^ all of this.
- thepeoplesrecord likes this
- bigtunesnerd likes this
- peapodkid reblogged this from dionthesocialist
- coffeeandfisting likes this
- vita-dulcis likes this
- queenstabbityhawke reblogged this from dionthesocialist
- kikkomanwrites reblogged this from dionthesocialist
- waywardmarbles likes this
- morethanjustexistence likes this
- blueraysunshine likes this
- a-midwestern-julius likes this
- ablueberrynight likes this
- deduce-it likes this
- tofillwithfruit likes this
- trulybadtiming likes this
- applebutterbomb likes this
- zhounder reblogged this from cactustreemotel
- adire-adire reblogged this from ltstarbuck
- thevoxbox likes this
- lachatteferoce reblogged this from dionthesocialist
- tricolorblackbird likes this
- cranialdetritus reblogged this from jethroq
- parallaxative likes this
- mynerdishowing likes this
- smilefortyeight likes this
- ecowalnut likes this
- analogbrain likes this
- eloquentvibes likes this
- farfalline likes this
- floydthewizard reblogged this from dionthesocialist
- floydthewizard likes this
- thingsstingshouldsing likes this
- vortexofmaya likes this
- tyrannoraptora likes this
- existentialcrisisfactory likes this
- pandemonium66 likes this
- awesomemodon reblogged this from dionthesocialist
- rarityswag likes this
- sophiekaijuu reblogged this from ltstarbuck
- pit-beef likes this
- elysethegorgon likes this
- strobelast likes this
- thesaratea likes this
- ltstarbuck reblogged this from dionthesocialist
- sluttybitchingcunt likes this
- ltstarbuck likes this
- normandiewilson likes this
- nomacsherejustuschickens likes this
- she-hulk-smash likes this